Sunday, April 26, 2015

I've come a long way baby

As I review my past posts I am amazed at how far I've come. The one thing I've noticed about myself is the self doubting I tend to have has gradually diminished. It took  getting another job for me to kick the habit. It all started 3 months ago. I applied for a full time position because my previous job was going no where fast. I knew it was a dead end years ago. Fear, rejection, lack of confidence and lack of certain skills kept me from pursuing another job. With the help of family and friends cheering me on I applied for a new position and I won. That night I quit my job that I had for 20 yrs. Best feeling ever. My  boss hired me because she saw something in me that I never did. Being a 52 yr old woman walking into a full time job wasn't easy. I'm learning so much about the industry but learning more about myself. I just wish I would have learned sooner.

I promised myself that I will not allow self doubt to exist in my life. When I'm asked to do a task at work I don't have the fear I once did. I listen and follow instructions and I pray. If I fail I forgive myself. I keep trying until it becomes second nature. I've had days where I've been discouraged but I've adjusted my thought process in a positive way.

I feel emotionally relieved knowing me and self doubt are no longer friends. Confidence is my new best friend.

I am happy that I love my job...check
I am happy that I have an opportunity to learn something new...check
I am happy that I appreciate, respect and like my boss...check
I am happy to be an activity assistant at a nursing and rehab center...check

Love, CiCi





1 comments: