Thursday, May 25, 2017

my heart

Everyday we make decisions. Are they based on following our heart or are they based on what is expected of us?

So many times I gave my heart to others and so many times I've taken it back. It's not so easy to follow your own heart. What our heart wants isn't always what we get.

I've made decisions throughout my life and wonder if I followed my heart if the outcome would have been different. It takes courage to follow your heart. What's most important is that we are mindful of not hurting others along the way.

I feel we need to be more kind to others and less selfish. It's okay to follow your heart but we must do it with good intent. If you want to follow your heart then make sure it's for the good of all. Burning bridges to get what you want or feel entitled to can be a lonely place. I would rather have a full heart and be surrounded by the people I love than be lonely on the other side.

My heart wants certain things but I don't have control over them...check
I gave my heart to others with no regrets...check
I will follow my heart with respect to myself and others...check
My heart feels so many emotions...check

Love, CiCi













0 comments:

Post a Comment