Monday, May 12, 2014

you gotta water it

I'm sure I'm not the only one who at one point thought the grass is greener on the other side. Social media totally messed with my head. I would open my facebook and see beautiful photos of vacations, perfect dinners and perfect lives. I was starting to believe my life really sucked. As I was scrambling to pay bills , make grilled cheese for supper and look half way decent for work my friends were living the perfect life. After careful review and soul searching I now know MY GRASS IS GREEN.

I came to realize everyone has burdens and I'm not the only one who struggles. I have days when I have wish my life was different. I wish I had nicer clothes ( thanks pinterest) a better job ( which by the way didn't turn out as expected) and a nicer house but...that's life

I no longer go on FB. I choose to talk, text or visit with my friends. For me it makes the relationship more solid. I need to hear a voice and a laugh. LOL doesn't cut it anymore.  It's been a year since I last checked my FB and I don't miss it at all.

I have great friends and family...check
soul searching was rewarding...check
no one will ever be perfect...check
I watered my grass and it grew...check

Love, CiCi


1 comments:

  1. seriously Cheryl.. why don't you write a book!! You are so creative!! I write in my prayer journal every morning and my prayers and blessings and what happened the day before or weekend, but I could never write as eloquently as you. this one was espeically good!!

    ReplyDelete