Wednesday, April 23, 2014

words

A newscaster used the word "retro" today. It made me think of the words we use and their meaning. For instance, I feel the words "awesome" and "epic" are over used. We have a tendency to say "your hair looks awesome" or " that book was epic". There's so many exquisite, alluring and radiant words in the dictionary and we use the same words to communicate . I happen to like the word "lovely". It's a dainty and delicate word that flows velvety and rhythmic from my tongue.

Once upon a time the word "groovy" was used. It doesn't exist in the  dictionary but the word "ain't " does. I'm not criticizing our vocabulary but rather trying to determine where I stand in this generation. Even though I was born in the early 60's brings me to the conclusion that I'm adaptable and I'm still learning. Ain't that groovy?

I've gained wisdom...check
I don't like the word ain't...check
I like my thesaurus...check
I'm still cool...check

Love, CiCi









0 comments:

Post a Comment